YES! Not only is Franklin Road one of the most dangerous parts of Metro Atlanta, it is one of the most dangerous places in the country. The Franklin Road Corridor qualified for a federal grant from the ATF and the FBI called Weed & Seed which is reserved for the most dangerous places in the country–inner city Chicago, L.A., New Orleans, etc…
- There are on average two drug or violent arrests a day on the 1.5 mile stretch of Franklin Road between South Marietta Parkway and Delk road
- Average per capita income for Franklin Road is $16,500 a year
- 41.5% of families live in poverty
- Franklin Road has an unemployment rate of around 20%
- Property values have plummeted. For example, one complex was worth $7,425,000 in 2010 was worth $3,000,000 in 2012
- Over a million square feet of office space and hundreds lost because of the danger along Franklin Road
What should be Marietta’s most valuable piece of real estate is its worst. The Franklin Road corridor has two exits on one of the busiest interstates in country. It is 20 minutes from downtown and 30 minutes from the world’s busiest airports. It is also in close proximity to two universities.